Sunday 24 June 2012

Ouch - not a good run

I've had two frustrating runs this weekend.

The first was yesterday when I managed 5k but had to keep stopping to walk because I was too tired to carry on. Each time I walked I paused Endomondo so I made sure I did run a full 5k - and amazingly I actually did it in a personal best time of 33m 46s so I must have been running parts of it faster than normal. But I was still disappointed with myself for the walking.

Then today I wanted to try an interval session. Because doing week 1 would have meant I had only run for 8 minutes I decided to jog the five minute walk before running the 60 seconds and walking the 90. But I had a technological breakdown because my phone wouldn't let me access the podcast - or any music at all - so it was my first run without "support"!

I quickly got tired again today so after I'd done about 5 intervals I decided to gently jog home with a couple of walks. Then when I wasn't far from finishing my left leg just really started to cramp up along the inside of my calf, running down to my ankle. I'm not sure what muscle this is but I've been told it is a very difficult one to stretch and it has been hurting for the last few weeks after each run just not as badly as today.

I hobbled home very slowly complaining miserably to Mr Locket about how much it hurt (he was very kind and patient!) and then put ice on it when I got back.

It isn't hurting as much now but I think I will be resting it until Running Club on Wednesday.

Hmm, a frustrating end to the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment