Sunday 13 May 2012

4 miles - but I walked a bit again :-(

I broke the rules today and went out running for a second day in a row.

I had texted a friend to see if she wanted to go for a run tomorrow morning but she had a 4-5 mile run planned for this afternoon and asked if I wanted to go along.

It was the first time (other than last week at the running club) that I have actually tried to run "with" someone else.  Normally when I go out with my daughter or husband they just run ahead of me!

My friend and I ran at the same pace and chatted as we went - well to be honest, my friend talked and I struggled!  She suggested we went a bit slower but I still found the breathing difficult and talking hard.

After just over 2 miles I gave up and walked a bit to get my breath back - my legs were fine but my lungs were struggling and I just didn't think I could keep going.  It got a bit easier then towards the end of the run I walked a bit again.  When I checked Endomondo it said I had done 3.95 miles so I pushed myself to run again and speed up for the last bit.

I covered 4.2 miles in about 52 minutes so it was slower than yesterday's run but further and a totally new route with some wet and muddy patches.

I had a good warm down walk home but I was fairly exhausted when I got back and still feel tired now - but I have just been out for a 3 mile walk with some different friends so I've had plenty of exercise today!

My next run will be on Wednesday at the running club and I know it will be an hour of doing interval type running so I don't know when I will next get to go out on a "long" run but I hope I can get back into running without walking.

No comments:

Post a Comment