Sunday 18 March 2012

Week 4

Flipping Heck!  The change from week 3 to week 4 was immense!

Week 3 had seemed so easy - only running for 9 minutes, the same as week 2, but in week 4 you suddenly go up to running for 16 minutes with very short walks in between.

It was hard!  But I have done it, managing to go up to 5 minutes running without stopping.

Dot and I ran on Monday and Thursday night and then the whole family came out last night which was really fun.  Fred was amazing and ran the whole thing without even seeming to get out of breath at all but Daisy had a problem with her shoes so she and Mr Locket walked. 

It's quite funny when Dot and I go running because I am so slow and she is so fast so we end up running quite a long distance apart with Dot turning and running back to meet me every now and then.

Week 5 has 3 different runs and will culminate in running for 20 minutes without stopping which I am dreading.  But they say that 1000s of people have started running using the C25K programme so it must work - I can't be the fattest and most unfit person ever to try it (although I'm not far off!) so I'm sure I will cope.

We have been watching ITV's Biggest Loser and I was really impressed in the final this week when the contestants all came back after a further 16 weeks of dieting and exercising on their own.  The stroppiest, grumpiest contestant had lost over 7 stone and looked amazing - and she put it down to running each day.  So I thought to myself, if she can do it (with a fairly negative attitude) then so can I!

2 comments:

  1. Yes, my ears pricked up at that comment on Biggest Loser too (though I have to say 7 weeks in and I have lost not one ounce!!) How fab that your whole family came with you - mine were snoring when I went this morning.

    You can do week 5 - and you're going to feel like Superwoman when you do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep going on the running ..... I started running 4 years ago, and four stone later and lighter it's the best thing I've ever done. The first time I went out I nearly collapsed after 5 minutes!!

    You can read about my running and knitting if you have the time over at my blog.

    Happy Running
    Fleur xx

    ReplyDelete