Monday 5 March 2012

Week 3

YAY! 

Actually, scrap that.  I'm too old to be saying yay! - but think something equally enthusiastic, just more mature ;o)

I'm so delighted!

I have managed to go up to week 3 today and run for 3 whole minutes at a time - twice!

I really thought I was going to struggle to run for a longer amount of time because I was finding 90 seconds quite tough but it wasn't as bad as I was expecting and what made this evening's run even nicer was that Daisy came along too and ran most of it beside me so we could chat - I'm always miles behind Dot :o)

Dot and I hadn't managed a run last week and I hadn't been to the gym either but we did our third week 2 run on Saturday and then our first week 3 today.

On week 3 you don't run for any longer in total - only 9 minutes like week 2 but it actually seems easier because you only run 4 times instead of 6 because of the two 3 minute sessions.

Anyway, I'm really chuffed that I managed it and I am a little less daunted now about moving up to 5 minutes next week.

I'm at work for the next four days but I am hoping to go to the gym on Thursday evening and to fit in another run before the weekend.  The diet is still not going very well - I keep being tempted to eat things I should be avoiding and drink too much wine but hopefully I have been a bit better this week and may have lost something - I'll find out tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Brilliant! I found the longer, fewer runs more pleasant to do as well.

    Hubby has fixed the Wii, so I will be able to weigh myself again - don't feel any lighter, but I am beginning to feel a bit less flabby. Just finished W5 r2 (8 minutes, people) and tomorrow is the dreaded 20 min run. Feel like there is no way I can do it. But I've felt like that before and surprised myself, so I'm just going to go with it.

    Feeling much stiffer after my runs now (especially in my back, oddly). And one twinging knee. My old age is clearly catching up with me.

    ReplyDelete