Thursday 22 March 2012

Week 5

Well I'm part way through week 5 and having thought that I would never be able to run for 8 minutes without stopping I can happily report that I can indeed do that and actually quite enjoyed this evening's run.  Whether I will be able to make the massive jump up to 20 minutes on Sunday is another question altogether!  It just seems inconceivable.  But I keep telling myself that other people have managed it so therefore I can too.

I'm rather pleased with myself as I went out for this evening's run and then went straight on to the gym where I did 45 minutes on the bike, treadmill, cross trainer and rowing machine - and I managed to increase my time on the cross trainer - also known as the torture machine - to 5 minutes then a further 3 at the end of the session.  Doing the C25K has definitely had a dramatic effect on my stamina and willingness to keep on trying even when I think I'm too tired.

Diet-wise things aren't so great.  I thought I'd been quite good last week especially with all the running but I stayed the same on the scales so things have gone dramatically downhill since weigh in.  I had LOTS of cake at work yesterday as well as some chocolates and today I have had more cake which was particularly delicious. This weekend is completely written off as I am going to London with some friends and my sister to go to the Country Living show and one of the things I'm looking forward to most about the trip is being able to eat whatever and whenever I like!  I know for a fact that I am going to go completely off the rails but that is rather an exciting prospect :o)

1 comment:

  1. But just think of all the walking you'll do round the fair and lo, you'll burn it all off again!
    Am struggling, struggling with week 7 - running for 25 mins is just bloody boring.

    ReplyDelete