Sunday 25 March 2012

Woohooo!

I've just done week 5 run 3 and I am SO impressed with myself!

But golly it was hard!

Running for 20 whole minutes without stopping, having only run for a maximum of 8 minutes previously.

I have to confess that I went   v  e  r  y    s  l  o  w  l  y   and Dot was miles ahead but I did it - even if I did feel like death afterwards!  Mr Locket and Fred had come to the park while Dot and I ran up the farm track beside it and they were both  a bit concerned at how beetroot-faced and exhausted I was.

I'm still feeling a bit done-in an hour and a half later - but it is a happy kind of exhaustion - accompanied by a lovely glass of ice cold wine - just to take the edge off the pain in my legs of course ;o)

The first two runs in week 6 don't feel like they will be a problem at all now as they involve much shorter running times but I know it starts to get serious from run 3 onwards.  I'm looking forward to being able to run listening to my own music or the radio but at the moment I still need Laura's encouragement and time-keeping!

I had a great time in London on Friday and Saturday and ate myself silly!  I've carried on being naughty today but go back on the diet tomorrow morning but I think I will miss Slimming World this week and see if I can lose the extra pounds before the following meeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment