Wednesday 4 April 2012

Week 6 run 3 done and dusted!

I had a great run on Sunday!

Those are words I NEVER thought I would hear myself say in a million years!

I wasn't confident going out - the increase to 25 minutes worried me especially as runs 1 and 2 were so much easier, and Dot couldn't come because she had just got back from an exhausting weekend training for her Duke of Edinburgh Award. But I pushed myself to go anyway.

And it was fairly easy! I'd been absolutely exhausted doing week 5 run 3 and really struggled with it but not this run, and when Laura said I could try to run a bit faster for the last minute I increased my pace and even ran for an extra minute just because I could!

I was still running very slowly for most of the run but I was reassured that I was actually going faster than I could walk when I caught up with and overtook someone walking ahead of me - that made me very proud!!

So tonight I will be going out for run 1 of week 7 and it will be my first time running in wet weather so I hope it doesn't put me off ;o)

Amended - I was going to go out last night but it was so cold and sleeting heavily so I decided to stay cosy inside instead.  Dot and I went out this evening instead and did the first run of week 7.  I speeded up for the last minute as Laura suggested and when she said to stop I decided to keep going to the end of the farm track we were running up.  Dot was measuring time and reckoned we did an extra 3 minutes!  I have just measured the distance on a clever website and we ran 2.1 miles.  That's a long way off the 3 miles the podcast reckons we can run in 30 minutes but I'm still very happy about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment