Monday 30 April 2012

Woohoo!

I've just run for 6K!

But golly it was hard tonight and those endorphins were hiding from me.

Dot and I went on a different, more public route for a change but it was a real struggle from start to finish with a highlight just before the first mile when I received a peptalk from Ali through Endomondo - it really made me smile, thanks Ali!

The route included a short but very steep incline which I am proud to say I managed to keep running up -  I was seriously out of breath at the top - but I was determined to keep on running.

As we approached home we were both very tempted to cut the run short (well, short-ish at about 37 minutes) but I really wanted to get past the 3.5 mile mark that I had set in the previous run and I was hoping to get past 6K too so we kept on going past our street until we finally stopped at 47.30 minutes and 3.74 miles (6.01K).  We were both beetroot red and totally exhausted but I'm really pleased with what we achieved :-)

1 comment:

  1. You are putting me to shame Mrs Locket. I didn't know if that Endomondo thing would work - I just had to give it a go!

    ReplyDelete