Monday 20 February 2012

Monday 20th February

My knee was fine after my run until I went for an hour long dog walk with a friend on Sunday and then it really started to hurt.  I took some nurofen and it soon calmed down.

Went for my usual Monday morning walk with Sally and it was ok - possibly because I had taken nurofen before I went.

I managed to fit in half an hour at the gym this afternoon and did 2 miles on the bike, a combined total of 5 and a half minutes on the cross trainer (my longest time so far) and 10 minutes on the treadmill.

My legs are tired now and my knee is a little uncomfortable but nothing serious.

Diet-wise things aren't so great as we went out for a delicious 3 course Italian meal with Mum and Dad on Friday, had friends round for a rather boozy evening on Saturday and then ate Dot's iced-banana cake on Sunday.  Hopefully the exercise will have counteracted some of my gluttony! ;o)

2 comments:

  1. I am only exercising at all so I can continue my gluttonous ways unchecked!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously - who could resist iced banana cake! Who would want to??? Lol

    The thing is Lucy, you're being active, you're enjoying social times whilst still being mindful (though perhaps not so mindful after a few boozies) and you're doing what's right for you for it to be an achievable healthier way of life. Well done you!

    I skipped the run tonight as I have painfully dead arms after overdoing it in the garden at the weekend - but the sun was shining and it was SO nice to be out there again.

    Keep taking care of that knee and keep up the good work.
    Luv Shell x

    ReplyDelete