Tuesday 7 February 2012

Monday 6th February

I enjoyed my run on Saturday but my legs cramped up a lot when I got back and then a muscle or tendon down the side of my left knee started to really hurt.  It had begun to hurt after my run on Thursday but the pain had worn off over Friday so I felt ok to run but I have obviously aggravated it again.

I took ibuprofen but it hurt during the night whenever I turned over in bed and was pretty painful all Sunday.

I'm really frustrated because I want to be able to keep running and don't want a little injury to get in the way.

I went for my usual Monday morning walk with Sally who is a physiotherapist and when we got back she had a look at my knee and thinks it is the end of the sartorius muscle that is hurting.  She applied friction to it and then ice and it is actually feeling a lot better but I don't think I'll go running on it for another day or two.

Tuesday - it is still sore but ibuprofen works.  I'm very tempted to just go running and see how I get on but Mr Locket is being more pesimistic and saying I should rest.  I'm worried that if I don't go for a few days then I will lose the impetus and motivation - and the tiny amount of fitness that I have acquired.

I will let you know when I go out again.

1 comment:

  1. I went from Weds to Sunday between week 1 and 2 and I don't think it made a difference. Just think positive. Could you do something else active? Bike ride? Wii fit?

    If you are worried, just do a week 1 session again when you get out next.

    ReplyDelete