Tuesday 14 February 2012

Tuesday 14th February

Just a quick post to keep a record of what I did at the gym today.
10 minutes on the rower
10 minutes on the bike set at level 3 with a couple of minutes at level 4 - 1.2 miles
3 struggling minutes on the cross trainer
10 more minutes on the bike - 1.2 miles
1 1/2 minutes on the cross trainer again - with complete jelly-legs at the end.

My knee is feeling a lot better and I was very tempted to go out for a run when I got back but Mr Locket thinks I should give it a little longer and I wanted to see how it felt after going to the gym.  I've stopped wearing my new winter boots because I think they have been contributing to my knee pain.  They are totally flat but I think the fact that my foot is held still at the ankle is putting strain on my knee.  That's probably a load of rubbish really but my knee is hurting less now that I am not wearing them although I haven't done a lot of walking over the last 4 days so that may be it.

I'm off to Slimming World in a bit.  I was very tempted not to go as I have been cheating on the diet and I'm fairly sure I will have put weight on this week.  I find it very discouraging when I go and have gained but if I don't go I will probably keep on eating the wrong things.  My leader has also texted me today to encourage me to come so it would be rude not to ;o)

Edited to add the amazing news that I actually lost half a pound this week.  Definitely undeserved but I'm very pleased about it as I was sure I'd gained about 2.5lbs.

1 comment:

  1. Hooray!! I thought of you today - Mark and I decided to go on a little bike ride as Johnny was with a chum. Turned into a total slog through thick mud when we took a new detour. When we got home I mapped it - 8 miles. And this was meant to be my rest day! Bet I can't walk tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete