Thursday 16 February 2012

Thursday 16th Feb

I spoke too soon.

My knee was fine all evening but then started to hurt a lot during the night and the pain woke me every time I turned in my sleep.

So frustrating!

But I went to the gym again this evening as the children are at Granny and Grandpa's for a couple of nights and did a total of 20 minutes on the bike - 2.9 miles and 4.5 minutes total on the cross trainer.  I tried rowing but it hurt my knee today so I decided to give it a miss.

When I go again on Monday I will be able to try some of the other equipment. I haven't been able to use anything new the last two times as changes can only be made to my programme by one of the Exercise Therapists rather than the assistants.  It will be interesting to see what else I can do.

I've told them at the gym how much I want to be able to do running so I'm going to try to improve my fitness and strength there and maybe try running on the treadmill which will be flatter and less high-impact than pavements.

2 comments:

  1. I think you're doing great Lucy, working your way round the little hurdles and keeping the bigger picture in sight - well done and keep on going.

    I actually started c25k this morning - like you, in my normal clothes (snow boots and all). It felt good just to be actually doing something even though I was positively purple by the time I got done.

    Hope your knee problems aren't causing you too much suffering - I ran on grass so it was a lot softer impact than running on concrete. Even been and bought myself some trainers today - yikes, I think that means I enjoyed it a bit :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I try to stay off the concrete and tarmac as much as possible - makes for very muddy trainers though.

    ReplyDelete